Email List Management – An Introduction
With an extensive email list, business owners are generally occupied with growing their email list, number of followers they attract, number of people subscribing to their channel.
And the term email list management does not even make it to their glossary.
How well do you engage with each of your prospects?
The truth is you cannot engage with everyone. Hence it is essential to segment your audience and identify people who are not engaging with your email communication.
At this point, you would need email list management. This practice makes sure that you properly collect prospect’s data, your email list is healthy, that all your email reaches the inbox.
This article will walk you through some email list management ideal practices.
With all the email addresses of your prospects, you would be able to build your prospect list.
Email address lookup – How to do that?
If you are facing any challenges in finding your prospect’s email address, I would suggest you try an email address lookup tool such as GetEmail.io.
This tool uses machine-learning algorithms besides big data algorithms to locate the correct email format.
It would be best if you tried this tool to see the result by yourself. Initially, start with the free plan and then go for the paid plan as per your requirement.
So that was a great tip.
Now let’s see about email list management.
Email list management – What’s that?
Email list management is a strategy where you manage and control your email subscribers.
When you manage your email list properly, you would be able to send highly targeted, personalized email, that’s essential to deliver engaging and successful email campaign.
Advantages of email list management
- Email list management helps you with taking your business ahead of other companies in your industry.
- A good understanding of your prospects helps you to, in fact, identify the segment of the audience, bringing the maximum value to your brand.
- You will have a clean and healthy database with no unengaged audience or fake email addresses.
- You could lessen your marketing cost because many emails service providers charge based on the size of your email list.
I hope you now have an understanding of email list management. Now let us look into the ideal practices;
- Always make sure that your signup forms are set up correctly. Be transparent and specific about what your prospects are subscribing for.
Do not make a false commitment to getting people signing up for your email.
- Verify the email address with confirmed opt-in
You must verify your prospects’ email addresses with a verification process where your prospects will receive an email with a link to confirm their email id.
Only upon verifying their email address will they be able to subscribe to your email.
- Make a good impression on your newly subscribed prospects by sending a whole onboarding sequence email or welcome email.
You may thank them for joining your email list.
- Segment your database to carry out targeted campaigns and get more engagement.
- Remove the unengaging prospects from your database.
When you apply these practices, you are sure to keep your prospects satisfied with your good service and email database clean.